“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.” –Pericles (430 B.C.)
Current Position Letters
- SB290: Relative to the practice of auriculotherapy
- HR 2838: Acupuncture for Our Heroes Act 2017
- HB 575: Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (amended)
- HB 575: Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists
- HB 295: Medical Payments for MVAs
- Medicare and Tricare
- Injection Therapy
- HB 84: Asian Bodywork Therapy
- HB 373: Acupuncture Parity
- HB 351: Parity for Naturopaths
NHAAMA political activity is overseen by our Political Action Coordinator. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer your time.
Our Political Agenda
- Investigate 3rd party payment and parity laws (in NH & other states)
- Monitor legislation:
- Support pro-acupuncture legislation (by providing testimony, presenting at hearings, lobbying, generating public/professional support, coordinating letter campaigns, etc.)
- Support legislation submitted by the NH Licensing Board or NHAAMA
- Oppose legislation that would undermine or harm our profession
- Work in conjunction with the NH Licensing Board in order to avoid duplicate legislative efforts and working at cross purposes.
- Cultivate positive relationships with NH legislators
Political Action Fund
Click here to make a donation to our Political Action Fund. Thank you for your generosity! With every new member the NHAAMA Political Action Fund grows. This fund allows us to support legislators who support our profession and to hire a lobbyist to support or oppose legislation that impacts our profession.